Written by Brooke Thompson
Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts have long competed against each other as two of the biggest coffee chains in the world. Both of these coffee shops are well-liked and sell to millions of customers each day. Many people have a favorite between the two, and for me personally, it is Dunkin’ Donuts. I am going to list six reasons why Dunkin’ is the better option and why people should go there instead of Starbucks.
1. Starbucks is infamous for its crazy expensive drinks, whereas Dunkin’ has perfectly reasonable prices all around the world. Dunkin’ also includes a happy hour between two and six p.m. where you can get your drink for as low as $2.00. Normally, a grande latte at Starbucks costs $3.65, and the same exact drink at Dunkin’ costs $3.29. In addition, the more complicated your drink gets, the price will remain the same at Dunkin’ Donuts.
2. Dunkin’ Donuts drinks definitely taste better than Starbucks drinks. A common opinion is that Starbucks roasts their beans until they are burnt, while Dunkin’ roasts their beans until they taste perfect. When you order from Dunkin’, you can be sure your drink will have just the right taste. You can order anything, from hazelnut and vanilla to blueberry and caramel.
3. If you prefer freshly-made treats with your coffee, go to Dunkin’. Dunkin’ makes their donuts and other pastries right there in the store. Starbucks has theirs shipped into the store, so the pastries, breads and bagels sit there for days.
4. Although there are a variety of choices on the menu, overall, it is simpler than the Starbucks menu. The menu can be read without getting confused with the weird terminology such as how a small is called a “tall” on the Starbucks menu.
5. The speed of the service is quicker. You can be in and out of Dunkin’ within five minutes, and same with the drive thru. Compared to Starbucks, Dunkin’ never lets a customer wait too long.
6. Dunkin’ Donuts not only serves amazing drinks, but it also serves an endless amount of donuts and munchkins. There are so many different kinds including strawberry iced, glazed, cream-filled and even the seasonal pumpkin ones. In total, on their website, there are about 50 flavors displayed not counting the seasonal specials. There is nothing better than a cup of coffee and a donut in the morning for breakfast.
Ultimately, the decision is yours regarding whether or not you want to buy your coffee or breakfast from Dunkin’ or Starbucks, but I hope some of these reasons help sway your opinion in the direction of Dunkin’ Donuts. Both franchises have positives concerning their business, but Dunkin’ remains my favorite and hopefully becomes yours too now.