Written by Paige Oschwald
Fall has arrived! Why not celebrate the season with some good, old-fashioned activities?
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Apple Barn is an orchard located in Chatham, Illinois that hosts a variety of activities including apple picking, souvenir shopping, pumpkins, a bakery and a garden.
- Enjoy a taste of hot chocolate. Springfield boasts a variety of hot chocolates, including places such as Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and a special Ghirardelli hot cocoa from Krispy Kreme.
- Snuggle up in a cozy sweater. What better way to celebrate fall than enjoying a comfortable day at home in a cozy sweater? These warm garments are beginning to pop up in stores, so make sure you purchase yours before the temperature drops!
- Watch a scary, or not-so-scary, movie. Enjoy a fresh batch of popcorn and catch up on the latest releases from this fall.
- Roast marshmallows over a bonfire. With temperatures dropping and darkness beginning earlier, it may be about time to light up the night with a bonfire. Grab your favorite fuzzy sweater, chocolate, and graham crackers, and get ready to huddle up for the arrival of autumn!
Fall is a time to celebrate and spend time with people you care about. Whether that means getting scared straight watching a movie or cuddling up with a mug of hot cocoa and some Netflix, everyone can find a way to enjoy autumn. Happy fall!