Written by Paige Oschwald
The back-to-school season may be stressful, but everybody loves food! These back-to-school lunch options will leave foodies looking forward to school and hunger officially satisfied.
Many know that meals should consist of fruits, veggies, carbs, and protein. These lunch ideas provides a sample of each healthy component, not to mention the appearance value of each dish is top-notch.
Banana Bread Sandwiches
For this recipe, you’ll need fresh banana bread, bananas, and peanut butter.
- Slice the banana bread and cut a banana into coin shapes.
- Gently spread peanut butter on a banana bread slice, and add a layer of banana coins.
- Another slice of banana bread to top the sandwich is optional.
Strawberries and Yogurt
We all love chocolate-covered strawberries, so why not try out the medley with yogurt? Combine fresh fruit with yogurt to make a sweet snack.
Who ever said pizza has to be Italian? Spice up your pizza with this fun and delicious recipe.
- Spread an even layer of hummus over a whole-wheat tortilla to substitute as the pizza’s crust and sauce.
- Sprinkle feta cheese as a makeshift mozzarella.
- Top your “pizza” with roasted peppers, cucumber slices and dried tomatoes! (Or add other toppings to taste!)
Black Bean Nachos
Grab some black bean tortilla chips and pair them with homemade guacamole! To make fresh guac, blend avocados, garlic, tomatoes, onions, salt and a dollop of lemon-lime juice. To make these nachos even fancier, pair some toppings of fresh tomato slices, black beans or cheese.
Having something to look forward to can make the back-to-school season more enjoyable, so why not make your lunch shift exciting? Give these recipes a try, and maybe you will end up finding something that swaps your stressful first quarter of school into a time you will cherish forever!