The month that we pay people to scare us mindless is upon us! It’s the month where candy seems like it can be substituted as meals and the leaves began to rust and crumble beneath your feet. While many people adore fall, I simply admire fall for all of the great food, music, people, clothing and books.
Keep reading to find out what my October favorites are!
Sometimes you just have to let go and eat some good food! Fall offers us comforting and spice-filled recipes, drinks and food. Here are some of my favorite October foods and drinks:
- S’mores (can be made vegan by getting dark chocolate and vegan marshmallows from Trader Joe’s)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte & Caramel Latte (can be found at Starbucks or at local William Van’s coffee shop)
- Apple Pie, Apple Cider, Caramel Apples (anything with apples is pretty much acceptable)
The rustling of the leaves is the earth’s song during October. But here are my favorite songs that can be found on iMusic:
- Bad Blood- NAO
- Location- Khalid
- Dream- Fleetwood Mac
- Ivy- Frank Ocean
- Sweater Weather- The Neighborhood
The weather is getting chillier so it is time that we dress cooler 🙂 Just because the weather changes, does not mean we can not keep up our wonderful and creative style! Here is some of my favorite clothing items that will keep you warm but make you look stellar as well.
- Big Sweaters– they are easy to find and cheap. They can be put with leggings and worn to school. Everyone thinks you tried, you do not get dressed coded and you stay warm!
- Ripped Jeans- these jeans give you a nice breeze through your legs but can also put with any shirt or sweater to give your outfit a more grunge look
- Scarfs- worn as a headwrap or around the neck, you can spice up your outfit by adding a scarf
The season of change is upon us. October presents the change in leaves, from the color of the leaves to the way they slowly drift through the wind. Here are some of my favorite books that will help you view the world differently from another person’s words:
- Salt. by Nayyirah Waheed
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- The Alchemyst by Paulo Coelho
• The Messy Heads– This is not just one person, but The Messy Heads are a group of people that have an online blog. They post things about clothes to the simple things that make them enjoy the little things in life. Overall, they inspire people to be who they are and what is more influential than that?
• Senators- Everyday Senators from Springfield High School represent themselves in the best way. They respect themselves, others and property. Being a Senator (including all students and SHS staff) makes you apart of a family and when a family is down, they pick them up! So shout out to the influential senators that represent SHS and our family.
• Koi Fresco- Anyone who inspires people to be themselves and respect others’ opinion is an influential person. Fresco influences people by educating people through social media (Twitter, Youtube and Instagram) Education is important, and spreading it is even more important.