As the days get colder and the nights get longer, a new batch of fruits and vegetables are harvested. This week, the fruits and vegetables are Acorn Squash, Pumpkin, and Pineapple. Below, you will see individual recipes that incorporate these items.
Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash
As a good way to add a nice ‘crunch’ to your dinner, you can make this crispy and flavor filled side dish.
~ 2 tablespoons of olive oil
~ 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
~ Kosher salt to taste
~ 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Heat oven to 40o°F. On a rimed baking sheet, toss the squash with oil. thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
2. Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 mins.
*If you want to use a vegan version of Parmesan Cheese, you can try ©Daiya
If you want to find more information on the recipe, you can go to http://www.realsimple.com
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, are the heavily mixture of pumpkin and chocolate. Below, you can find the recipe.
~ 1 cup of canned pumpkin
~ 1 cup of white sugar
~ 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
~ 1 egg
~ 2 cups of all-purpose flour
~ 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
~ 1/2 teaspoons of salt
~ 1 teaspoon of baking soda
~ 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
~ 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
~ 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for approximately 10 minuets or until lightly brown and firm.
If you want more information on this amazing recipe, you can go to http://www.allrecipes.com
Oatmeal with Pineapple and Mint
On cold autumn mornings, this morning breakfast dish will keep you wide awake with it tropical fruit flavor and cool undertone of freshness.
~ 1 serving of quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
~ 1/2 cup of chopped pineapple
~ 1 tablespoon of fresh mint leaves
~ 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
~ 2 tablespoon of milk
1. Prepare oats according to the package directions. Top with pineapple, mint, and cinnamon sugar. Drizzle with milk.
If you want more information on this recipe or recipes like this, you can go to http://www.realsimple.com